Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Madklikor
04-11-2006, 04:35 PM

Today was released a interview in a french magazine called Rock Hard. Tool is on the cover. I'm not going to translate everything, but here are a few facts :

- they didn't gave titles during the listening session, because the weren't sure about them at the time. Yet Adam mentions "lost keys" and "rosetta".
- "Lost keys" is "the introduction to "rosetta"".
- Maynard was there at the beginning of the writing process, than left before coming back. Adam says that it's better than for Lateralus (Maynard only came when all the songs were already written), but he hopes Maynard will be here all the time for the next album.
- How Adam would define Tool : "there are a lot of maths, it's heavy and you're not gonna like it."
- There is no DVD in the works. There were plans, but they prefered to make a new album. The new album and the tour are the priorities.
- They love France.
- The set for the tour will be sober, at least for the first shows.
- The album is their most personnal, it's "coming from the guts". Some usual rant about how Bush is stupid and how the album is about frustration. But Danny adds that the approach to politics in Tool is different from the one of APC, they don't want to adopt a close political discourse which would be fast outdated.
- The reviewer says that Danny is more busy than ever on the drums. Danny answers that he's not looking to play a lot of notes but wants to densify the sonic space and to dynamise the music, but that nevertheless the king in the movie Amadeus would say about his playing : "Too many notes!".
- APC is over.
- They would like to get rid of labels and to do everything by themselves, and they think artists will be able to do so soon.
- They don't take themselves seriously at all.

The rest is pretty much what we've already read.
The interviewer gives his quick impression on the album : "With a enormous bass sound, this new dynamic album mixes big grooves with cutting metal riffs and a real anger. [...] The 11 pieces of this record, 77 minutes of often oppresive music, leaves us breahtless."

Last edited by Madklikor; 04-11-2006 at 05:07 PM..
Old 04-11-2006, 04:35 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
French interview

Today was released a interview in a french magazine called Rock Hard. Tool is on the cover. I'm not going to translate everything, but here are a few facts :

- they didn't gave titles during the listening session, because the weren't sure about them at the time. Yet Adam mentions "lost keys" and "rosetta".
- Maynard was there at the beginning of the writing process, than left before coming back. Adam says that it's better than for Lateralus (Maynard only came when all the songs were already written), but he hopes Maynard will be here all the time for the next album.
- How Adam would define Tool : "there are a lot of maths, it's heavy and you're not gonna like it."
- There is no DVD in the works. There were plans, but they prefered to make a new album. The new album and the tour are the priorities.
- They love France.
- The album is their most personnal, it's "coming from the guts". Some usual rant about how Bush is stupid and how the album is about frustration. But Danny adds that the approach to politics in Tool is different from the one of APC, they don't want to adopt a close political discourse which would be fast outdated.
- The reviewer says that Danny is more busy than ever on the drums. Danny answers that he's not looking to play a lot of notes but wants to densify the sonic space and to dynamise the music, but that nevertheless the king in the movie Amadeus would say about his playing : "Too many notes!".
- APC is over.
- They would like to get rid of labels and to do everything by themselves, and they think artists will be able to do so soon.

The interviewer gives his quick impression on the album : "With a enormous bass sound, this new dynamic album mixes big grooves with cutting metal riffs and a real anger. [...] The 11 pieces of this record, 77 minutes of often oppresive music, leaves us breahtless."

Last edited by Madklikor; 04-11-2006 at 05:07 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
meshuggah's Avatar meshuggah
04-11-2006, 04:38 PM

kick ass !
Old 04-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 4
Re: French interview

kick ass !
randomhero8823's Avatar randomhero8823
04-11-2006, 04:39 PM

scans..... or else its fake.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:39 PM   #3
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1657

scans..... or else its fake.
TheRuleOfThree's Avatar TheRuleOfThree
04-11-2006, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madklikor
Today was released a interview in a french magazine called Rock Hard. Tool is on the cover. I'm not gonna translate everything, but a few facts :

- they didn't gave titles during the listening session, because the weren't sure about them at the time. Yet Adam is talking about "lost keys" and "rosetta".
- They love France.
- The album is their most personnal, it's "coming from the guts". Some usual rant about how Bush is stupid and how the album is about frustration. But Danny adds that the approch to politics in Tool is different from the one of APC, they don't want to adopt a close political discourse which would be fast outdated.
- APC is over.
- They would like to get rid of labels and to do everything on themselves, and they think artists will be able to do so soon.

Thank you very much for this. Its appreciated.

Hopefully we'll see a fully translated article for more direct reading and archiving on t.d.n. I'm excited every time I read something more about the record...
Old 04-11-2006, 04:39 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 23

Quote:
Today was released a interview in a french magazine called Rock Hard. Tool is on the cover. I'm not gonna translate everything, but a few facts :

- they didn't gave titles during the listening session, because the weren't sure about them at the time. Yet Adam is talking about "lost keys" and "rosetta".
- They love France.
- The album is their most personnal, it's "coming from the guts". Some usual rant about how Bush is stupid and how the album is about frustration. But Danny adds that the approch to politics in Tool is different from the one of APC, they don't want to adopt a close political discourse which would be fast outdated.
- APC is over.
- They would like to get rid of labels and to do everything on themselves, and they think artists will be able to do so soon.

Thank you very much for this. Its appreciated.

Hopefully we'll see a fully translated article for more direct reading and archiving on t.d.n. I'm excited every time I read something more about the record...
Madklikor
04-11-2006, 04:40 PM

Edited.

Last edited by Madklikor; 04-12-2006 at 07:30 AM..
Old 04-11-2006, 04:40 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Edited.

Last edited by Madklikor; 04-12-2006 at 07:30 AM..
new millenium cyanide christ's Avatar new millenium cyanide christ
04-11-2006, 04:41 PM

Quote:
There is no DVD in the works. There were plans, but they prefered to make a new album. The new album and the tour are the priorities.

- They love France.

- APC is over.

a) that sux, no dvd booooo

b) why do they love france? god...

c) that sucks, but they made 2 awesome cds at least...

d) yes they do, liars.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #6
greetings from planet x

Bincount™: 1062

Quote:
There is no DVD in the works. There were plans, but they prefered to make a new album. The new album and the tour are the priorities.

- They love France.

- APC is over.

a) that sux, no dvd booooo

b) why do they love france? god...

c) that sucks, but they made 2 awesome cds at least...

d) yes they do, liars.
84 pontiac dream
04-11-2006, 04:41 PM

- APC is over.
:( x 10000....
Old 04-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

- APC is over.
:( x 10000....
04-11-2006, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Not sure if I can post the scans (they are not mine), but here is the first page :

http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ol1b0787lo.jpg

damn i dont know french!

and apc better not be over. Mer De Noms and Thirteenth Step were amazing!
Old 04-11-2006, 04:42 PM   #8
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Not sure if I can post the scans (they are not mine), but here is the first page :

http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ol1b0787lo.jpg

damn i dont know french!

and apc better not be over. Mer De Noms and Thirteenth Step were amazing!
praefector's Avatar praefector
04-11-2006, 04:44 PM

live dvd can wait

love the snippit about danny...his drumming is the strength of the band

APC was great but a new singer for them could be something really neat. amy lee perhaps.

its very interesting that releasing an album with no label could be entirely possible now.

sending the single to radio stations via the internet is a step in that direction.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:44 PM   #9
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1020

live dvd can wait

love the snippit about danny...his drumming is the strength of the band

APC was great but a new singer for them could be something really neat. amy lee perhaps.

its very interesting that releasing an album with no label could be entirely possible now.

sending the single to radio stations via the internet is a step in that direction.
new millenium cyanide christ's Avatar new millenium cyanide christ
04-11-2006, 04:45 PM

i love mer de noms and 13th step....

honestly it might be better that they are over bc i dont think they can top those 2....just look at emotive (even tho i dont even consider it an apc album)...

but yea, 13th step could be one of the best cds ever.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #10
greetings from planet x

Bincount™: 1062

i love mer de noms and 13th step....

honestly it might be better that they are over bc i dont think they can top those 2....just look at emotive (even tho i dont even consider it an apc album)...

but yea, 13th step could be one of the best cds ever.
welb

Quote:
..."With a enormous bass sound, this new dynamic album mixes big grooves with cutting metal riffs and a real anger. [...] The 11 pieces of this record, 77 minutes of often oppresive music, leaves us breahtless."
Very nice.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
..."With a enormous bass sound, this new dynamic album mixes big grooves with cutting metal riffs and a real anger. [...] The 11 pieces of this record, 77 minutes of often oppresive music, leaves us breahtless."
Very nice.

they have a label. wtf are you talking about?
Old 04-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #12
Level 9 - Obstreperous

they have a label. wtf are you talking about?
Cid's Avatar Cid
04-11-2006, 04:46 PM

i loved APC, but hopefully the end of APC means more TOOL!!!!
10/23/07 OiNK Never Forget
Old 04-11-2006, 04:46 PM   #13
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 190

i loved APC, but hopefully the end of APC means more TOOL!!!!
10/23/07 OiNK Never Forget
The Village Too

i wouldn't be unhappy that APC was over. maynard songwriting for tool would be great

i dunno

i feel like some things are stretched... i dunno

Who in the interview says that APC is over?
Old 04-11-2006, 04:46 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

i wouldn't be unhappy that APC was over. maynard songwriting for tool would be great

i dunno

i feel like some things are stretched... i dunno

Who in the interview says that APC is over?
CallofCthulhu's Avatar CallofCthulhu

Quote:

- They love France.
- APC is over.

Well that justifies Maynard as the president in those leak photos.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:46 PM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

Quote:

- They love France.
- APC is over.

Well that justifies Maynard as the president in those leak photos.
Goldfoot
04-11-2006, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by praefector
See http://www.realvast.com
Old 04-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #16
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 88

Quote:
See http://www.realvast.com
04-11-2006, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfoot
what does that have do with Tool? Tool has a label. So does APC
Old 04-11-2006, 04:48 PM   #17
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Madklikor
04-11-2006, 04:49 PM

About APC :

"Q : What is the future for APC?
Maynard : I think it's over.
Q : Really? It's sad...
Maynard : we pushed this project as far as it could go, and I see ourselves playing again together only in a few years to make one or two songs, nothing more."

He then adds that he only sees APC in a system without labels, big budgets, marketing, where they could play and release new songs whenever they want.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:49 PM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

About APC :

"Q : What is the future for APC?
Maynard : I think it's over.
Q : Really? It's sad...
Maynard : we pushed this project as far as it could go, and I see ourselves playing again together only in a few years to make one or two songs, nothing more."

He then adds that he only sees APC in a system without labels, big budgets, marketing, where they could play and release new songs whenever they want.
Goldfoot
04-11-2006, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomhero8823
Did you read the initial post?

Quote:
Quote:
I'm giving an example where a band doesn't have a record label.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:50 PM   #19
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
04-11-2006, 04:50 PM

Quote:

got ya now.....

Autolux is a good indie band
Old 04-11-2006, 04:50 PM   #20
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

got ya now.....

Goldfoot
04-11-2006, 04:51 PM

Quote:
got ya now.....

Are they fully independent? I don't know anything about them except I liked them when I saw them with NIN.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:51 PM   #21
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
got ya now.....

Are they fully independent? I don't know anything about them except I liked them when I saw them with NIN.
04-11-2006, 04:53 PM

i dont think they are fully independent. not sure.. but there a good under the radar band
Old 04-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #22
Level 9 - Obstreperous

i dont think they are fully independent. not sure.. but there a good under the radar band
slicknickshady's Avatar slicknickshady
04-11-2006, 04:54 PM

No DVD! That makes me :(

I'm greedy. I want DVD.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:54 PM   #23
dorkus maximus
(the t.d.n crybaby)

Bincount™: 832

No DVD! That makes me :(

I'm greedy. I want DVD.
Wretched's Avatar Wretched
04-11-2006, 04:57 PM

This is easily the best interview of the band relating to 10,000 Days, so far.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #24
Banned.

Bincount™: 3710

This is easily the best interview of the band relating to 10,000 Days, so far.
04-11-2006, 04:58 PM

NO DVD! :(

This has been a bad day. Proof of D12 get's Shot & Killed and The Live DVD is scrapped.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:58 PM   #25
dorkus maximus
(the t.d.n crybaby)

NO DVD! :(

This has been a bad day. Proof of D12 get's Shot & Killed and The Live DVD is scrapped.
Alistair_Carson's Avatar Alistair_Carson

Quote:

- Adam says that it's better than for Lateralus (Maynard only came when all the songs were already written), but he hopes Maynard will be here all the time for THE NEXT ALBUM [emphasis added].
Hmm, interesting. Something to consider for all you "10,000 days is the last tool album ever" conspiracy theorists.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:58 PM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

Quote:

- Adam says that it's better than for Lateralus (Maynard only came when all the songs were already written), but he hopes Maynard will be here all the time for THE NEXT ALBUM [emphasis added].
Hmm, interesting. Something to consider for all you "10,000 days is the last tool album ever" conspiracy theorists.
Goldfoot

Quote:
Oh, I see. Well Vast has had problems with labels and they were just gonna not have one, but then they THOUGHT they had a good deal, but got fucked again. Now they have distribution rights and don't need a lable to sell their CDs in stores. Apparently. It's all at their forum. Somewhere.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:58 PM   #27
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Oh, I see. Well Vast has had problems with labels and they were just gonna not have one, but then they THOUGHT they had a good deal, but got fucked again. Now they have distribution rights and don't need a lable to sell their CDs in stores. Apparently. It's all at their forum. Somewhere.
04-11-2006, 05:06 PM

Well if Adam mentions 'lost keys' and 'rosetta', then it's pretty safe to say that we've been fed the correct tracklisting and album name. Which is odd, I thought Tool would've been a bit more tricky in releasing this information. But oh well. 10,000 Days it is.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:06 PM   #28
Level 4 - Thinker

Well if Adam mentions 'lost keys' and 'rosetta', then it's pretty safe to say that we've been fed the correct tracklisting and album name. Which is odd, I thought Tool would've been a bit more tricky in releasing this information. But oh well. 10,000 Days it is.
meatstick's Avatar meatstick
04-11-2006, 05:06 PM

good post. That holds me over until tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:06 PM   #29
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

good post. That holds me over until tomorrow.
04-11-2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Cool. 14 min.

Quote:
At least they plan on making a next album. They are getting up there in the years.

Quote:
- APC is over.
Crap. I love APC, but maybe they will be able to crank out another album sooner.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #30
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 34

Quote:
Cool. 14 min.

Quote:
At least they plan on making a next album. They are getting up there in the years.

Quote:
- APC is over.
Crap. I love APC, but maybe they will be able to crank out another album sooner.
lachrymoIogy's Avatar lachrymoIogy
04-11-2006, 05:07 PM

i think them saying there's no DVD is bullshit.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #31
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 54

04-11-2006, 05:09 PM

That's a real shame about APC, 13th Step was on high rotation last year on my headphones. I wonder if it has as much ageing power as the Tool albums.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #32
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

That's a real shame about APC, 13th Step was on high rotation last year on my headphones. I wonder if it has as much ageing power as the Tool albums.
Madklikor
04-11-2006, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachrymoIogy
To quote them :

"Q : Your fans have been waiting a long time for a DVD. What about this project?
Justin : We thought about that, but we were distracted by our desire to make a new album. We think it could be something nice, but we're not the kind of band to do things by halves, so this project is going to wait. The new album and the tour are our priorities."

They don't say they won't make one, they say it's not in the plans right now.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:12 PM   #33
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachrymoIogy
To quote them :

"Q : Your fans have been waiting a long time for a DVD. What about this project?
Justin : We thought about that, but we were distracted by our desire to make a new album. We think it could be something nice, but we're not the kind of band to do things by halves, so this project is going to wait. The new album and the tour are our priorities."

They don't say they won't make one, they say it's not in the plans right now.
Descencia's Avatar Descencia
04-11-2006, 05:14 PM

I bet the next album comes out in May 2010.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:14 PM   #34
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

Goldfoot
04-11-2006, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descencia
Side-splitting. Why aren't you on Comedy Central?
Old 04-11-2006, 05:16 PM   #35
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descencia
Side-splitting. Why aren't you on Comedy Central?
04-11-2006, 05:17 PM

ok thanks for the full answer, it makes me feel that the live dvd will be the next release after 10,000 Days. At least it sounds like they just put it on the backburner.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #36
dorkus maximus
(the t.d.n crybaby)

ok thanks for the full answer, it makes me feel that the live dvd will be the next release after 10,000 Days. At least it sounds like they just put it on the backburner.
04-11-2006, 05:17 PM

this article is just full of bad news.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #37
Level 9 - Obstreperous

this article is just full of bad news.
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
04-11-2006, 05:19 PM

Quote:
What does this mean, they're going to be smashed for the rest of the tour?
Old 04-11-2006, 05:19 PM   #38
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Quote:
What does this mean, they're going to be smashed for the rest of the tour?

Quote:
All I can say is wow...Amy Lee...........yikes.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:19 PM   #39
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
All I can say is wow...Amy Lee...........yikes.

Amy Lee is Awesome.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:19 PM   #40
dorkus maximus
(the t.d.n crybaby)

Amy Lee is Awesome.

Rate This Thread